Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Turn it around

Dear Diary,

I got upset today, I think I mentioned it earlier. By most standards, a fair amount happened today. Not only has a fair amount happened but I've got so much to follow up on the next few days that I just cannot deal with today. So, lets talk about what I've done today

  • 1x job application, as usual I'm overqualified
  • First thing in the morning I got an email notifying of an extra couple of shifts, since I was doing one of them already, I volunteered the other one on the 30th, I've got another 4 hours pay. That's barely enough to pay for a session of counselling, but money is money and I won't push it away.
  • Counselling, perhaps the most emotionally moving session. I said a lot, I expressed a lot. I want to feel detached (ironically while expressing my feelings) from the counsellor, because I feel that she is showing more of herself in sessions when she says how she feels. Her reactions to what I have to say show more about her than I. This really messed up my mood for the rest of the day, which until a couple of hours ago was mostly based outside
  • Training: in addition to 4mi walking, I did 1hr on the x-trainer, I did 20 mins weightlifting (some of those minutes involved real agony) and then (shock) 20 mins badminton
  • I went to a local environmental group meeting that I sometimes go to
  • I've been (sort of) invited to a (sort of) interview for a not-for-profit startup
  • I've did (as usual), some job searching

Now things that have come up that I'll need to deal with (other than planned tasks)

  • Look into PhD oppurtunity advertised in Ireland
  • Send my boss the shift list for July
  • Complete online test for graduate scheme that will probably turn me down

It looks like for a trigger day, I did pretty good. Let me state two more positives to turn this day around from a shit day to a great day

  • In addition to the training I did today, I also only ate 1100kcal. This will be help my weight loss effort.
  • I reached 221lbs today. This is one more step closer to the coveted 220lb marker. Once I meet this marker, I will have officially reached my lowest weight in nearly 2 years. It's also a step to another step. Once I reach 220lb, I can then aim for 210lb. I should notice some difference if I reach 210lb, and then if I can, I'll aim to reach 200lb. Although 200lb is still overweight, I would be pleased to see what a 20lb thinner me would do. If I reach 200 I can then go to 190lb if I have the determination, I'd be beautiful again by then. While I'm still in this fantasy projection of less weight, I'll go down further, 180lb, 170lb, 160lb (the super sexy weight) and maybe even 150lb and 140lb, admittedly those would be underweight. I'll think about that when I cross that bridge, but being underweight would be a pipe dream. I'd love to be underweight.  For now, this accelerated weight loss is great.

No comments: