Friday, June 3, 2011

Tight scheduling excites me

Dear Diary,

For some reason I feel very slow today. I have learned to accept days like this and not be so hard on myself. My weight loss plan is going okay, I got an extra shift at work last night on short notice (which means extra money for July!) and I have done at least 3 workouts this week, maybe today will count as a rest day, I think my body is saying it is needed. Yesterday I hardly did much, because of work I felt like I couldn't commit to any big tasks as I was leaving at 16:30. The tip last night was pretty good, I got enough to buy a cheap takeaway to fill me up (in my defence it wasn't KFC or McD, and I barely ate anything yesterday. The consequence of my takeaway decision last night will not be without consequence, however. It's early in the day and I've already maxed out my calories.

In a little way the thought of having a full schedule excites me. The thought of having a massive weight of tasks excites me, it also causes me a bit of anxiety, it also can have an effect of distracting me to such an extent that I end up getting nothing done. I'll tell you what really surprises me: in the 5 days that the internet didn't work, that hindrance did not have the consequence of ending up behind my schedule. I think that is amazing. That's also the plus of being ahead of schedule. I'm starting to think of the schedule as a person, a person that I am, one person at least. Inside me it is like there are several people inside. I'm not sure that makes sense to anyone, but that metaphor seems to have meaning for me lately.

Back to the grind. I also need to plan some things for the coming few weeks, there's a mass on Sunday that I need to go to, and also I need to clear up a weekend coming up, as there is a wedding. That means tasks are going to be compressed within a tighter timeframe, somehow that excites me.

No comments: