Friday, May 21, 2010

Out of jail

Yesterday was the debrief/last day at REED. It was quite refreshing. I do regret leaving (although its involuntary) and the enjoyment I've had from talking to girls there. It is a little bit pathetic, and not the kind of place to meet girls, or friends; but I did see my old friend from school there, and there was a really cute girl in a place where cute girls were very low in number. She had an anorak which made her a little geeky-cute too.

Anyway, Now I'm out of there, I'm on with my life, my schedule and I'm back to seeing the job centre nutters again. I think I much preferred being around people my own age than the 'louts' of the job centre. I saw the worst things about myself while at REED, but then I also learned to discover my good points as well. My personality and determination seemed to shine through in the midst of the despair of that place. My advisor said that 'everyone noticed' my determination and strength of will.

When I got home I masticated a bit, then fell off to sleep. Woke up nearly at 10pm, and it was still quite bright considering. In recent days I've had lots of memory triggers; some sad, some neutral, some just memories. It feels odd that I'm getting all of these memories again, I'm not sure why. Am I nostalgic? Is there a trigger or some kind of underlying cause?

I have a full schedule for the next few days, and I hope to carry all of the lessons learned from my recent training experience to my job search at home. Better still, I hope I get a job!

In other news, I've bought two shirts from primark yesterday. I have bought about 5 shirts that have almost identical design; they are these dress shirts that have a button up feature on the middle of the arm so you can roll them up and they also have epaulettes. It's very 'Lost' and cool at the moment, I'm wearing the shirt and I'm richard alpert, or benjamin linus; going through the island and its various mysteries and plot twists.

Today I intend to do some job shadowing and then I'll mill about the nearby shopping centre, or perhaps I'll visit marks and spencers to get those crisps I really like, or perhaps not. I'm fat.

Anyway, I'm going back to my job search now. I only seem to want to write these posts when I'm busy with something else. I suppose one may call it a pause.

No comments: