Monday, May 24, 2010

Life's lost lessons

I woke up early today to see the last episode of Lost. I got up at 6:30, not with that intention to watch lost but seeing as it was playing out on the television I thought it would be nice to watch it early, anyway.  As I finished watching I felt lost in that world of fiction where there was a plane crash and a black smoke monster and an island.

For a brief moment, so many of my intuitions, insights and grasps to normal precepts of reality were suspended. I remember that Marie used to tell me of how she loved watching movies and spent so much of her down time watching films to escape from the world. In a sense I can very much sympathise and understand this. In no small way is the power of film and television so captivating that we enter a new mental world.

So I'm on with my day. Today starts my actual attempts to start job hunting intensely after the whole REED incident. It feels weired and I feel a dulling effect on my mind as I am at home. It's that dulling effect that sterilised me when I moved back home.  That loss of motivation and independence that cut off my manhood and made me dependent again.

It is hard to fight that negative force, especially in consideration of the fact that I do not have many prospects of getting out of here. However, when pandora's box was completely emptied out; the one thing left in it was hope. Hope is what motivates me. I'm off to get a passport renewal form from the post office for my mum. It's annoying, but maybe it will do me good.

Toodles,

p.s. i'm 233lbs (post bbq weight)

No comments: