Monday, December 24, 2012

say less and listen more.

I had a realisation at the gym today.

 

I don't have the courage to challenge myself. Often I speak about values. I speak of values that people should uphold, and implicitly those are the values which I hold myself up to, and often of times I think that I uphold to about 70% of it, sometimes 90% of it. I was pushing myself at the gym today, but I realised my limitations. Realising said limitiations became a troubling thing for me.

I think the saying goes: you can dish it out but you can't take it.

 

I pushed myself but I ran out of steam. I've been pushing myself for the past week that the days have a different kind of meaning to me. Pushing my body at the gym intensively has made me think a little about the ways in which I don't push myself, I've been thinking a bit more about my flaws.I have quite a few of them. Perhaps I should just say less and listen more. Perhaps there are analgoues of this: play less and practice more. Write less and read more. stay upright more and lay down more.

No comments: