Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dear Diary,

 

It's exam results day of 'A' levels for a bunch of 17-18 year olds, and others of course who are out of that age range. I think they will be the first generation to face the new pricing system for university. Laurie Penny has an interesting article here. Gradgrinds of our time have their rule.

I've got to focus on me right now. I've got to find a job, get my life back. It's been the same narrative for the past 3 years. in those years I could have gotten ahead of my job, found a flat to live in, got a girlfriend, maybe gotten married and had a child, gotten a PhD, taken one of the unpaid offers I actually got. I could have done a lot of things, instead I'm being asked by my mum to go to the neighbour's house to give a birthday present.

 

I think I'll do the spinning class today. Try to find something to focus on outside of this shit soup that I'm swimming in.

 

Onwards (I say tiredly)

No comments: