Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sweat the small stuff

Over the past week I have completed the following:

  • Given a talk at art gallery
  • Applied to 1 job (excluding today's application)
  • Achieved 3 training sessions (4 if I count today)
  • Attended a job interview

I suppose those are the main things I have achieved this week. I feel a bit down today. I'd be lying if I said I'm not tempted to purge. Some positives of today:

  • I'm going to do some training today
  • I ironed a few patches on my clothes (first time I've ever done that)
  • I've applied to a job
  • I've done a whole lot of job seaching

Tasks number at 5 main items. I suppose that's a good thing. I feel really down today. I am going for a long shift tomorrow at work. It's a graduation shift and I really hate graduations. I've just on the fly checked my emails. I've replied to my boss who advertised some extra shifts. I know that I'm not going to get as much money next month. I dont think I even got paid for last month yet! I feel really upset, and it seems the only thing I am doing is working on the small stuff. They say 'don't sweat the small stuff' when a bigger picture is important. I can't see any bigger picture as the world cannot allow me to undertake any of my plans. I have to sweat the small stuff.

I felt upset about 40 minutes ago and I said to myself: set yourself 15 scheduled tasks to do before I leave the house. as It happened. I did them all, well, except one which I'm doing right now. I better finish it. So here I go again, insstead of talking about my feelings and trying to work something out, I'm off to sweat the small stuff.

No comments: