Wednesday, July 27, 2011

human contact: harder than a deadlift

Of all the tasks I set myself, I have put one off for far too long that I must complete tonight. When I gave the talk at the art gallery, I happened to pass my former colleague at the office where I interned. As a consequence of this, I had the social pressure of having to give her my number, and now I need to email her. I suppose that now is a good time to email her, long enough to get rid of all my priority tasks (and that is not a lie, either), but also not too long to seem like a bastard. Well,I'm not sure about that latter point.

I'm actually typing this because I want to avoid the task. I'm dallying. I went to the gym earlier, and this was my third HIIT session. It's less calorie intensive but it is, I suppose more tiring. The health experts say that HIIT is better than going the long slog (which is what I'm doing). I've had a good caloric intake in terms of food, if I don't eat any more today I think it would be a success. I can sort of relax. Well, I do need to send this email off to my colleague. I feel weird about that.

Enough dallying, if I can do 3x sets of 10 deadlifts on 25kg, I can surely do this...

No comments: