Monday, July 11, 2011

I love my friends and family

Dear Diary,

So my birthday week, and consequently my birthday has passed. In a way I'm a little relieved. I spent the day in a sombre (but not sad) mood. I had some nice presents, my dad also offered to buy me a laptop, which I'll probably buy later in the week. I also bought a whole lot of gear for when my mates go paintballing and airsofting.

My weight has gone up since my last reading. This is not good, I have eaten my calories without overspending, but I do need to work harder at blasting the calories in my workouts, I've also run out of whey protein. My concern this week is money, money always factors into my head. I'm wondering if and when I'll get a full time job, whether I can afford anything I am currently doing and most importantly, if things are in any way going to get better.

My facebook 'happy birthdays' were limited to cousins, and my best friends. In 2008, I suppose I was greeted by all sorts of randoms who I have never talked to since then. Oh how times change. I think the lesson of my sobriety in recent years is to accept that I don't have to fit one role for people. I can be anyone I want to be, and I'm not confined to just being a certain person, I find that incredibly liberating.

I thought that I'd have more to say since I've not posted much this week, but all I'm thinking about is how much I've got to do. In recent days I have been able to complete all my tasks early enough to have an early afternoon gym session. Maybe I'll aim for that, then the rest of the evening is resting, or playing games. I don't say this often enough as I do: I love my family, and I love my friends. They are the best thing in my lives. I'm blessed with having good friends, I'm doubly (sic) blessed by having such a great and loving family.

Now, I'm off to work.

No comments: