Monday, March 19, 2012

sign o the times

Dear Diary,

I could say the usual things: oh I'm so busy, oh I've not done enough, oh there are so few results. I'm going to talk about a couple of other things instead.

Merv's dad has been laid off. Merv's dad has had mental health issues for a while, and he's been on doctor's note absence for a few months and possibly years. Merv's dad has reportedly been bullied at work and he's been dismissed because of a testimony that he attacked his manager, which Merv's dad denies. Merv's dad isn't getting help from the unions as they see it as a closed matter, and he can't afford a solicitor (the cruel irony is that his wife worked at a firm, until she was laid off earlier last year). It's terribly sad, and I'm reminded of a megadeth song: Sign O the times. It's fucking sick, I hate the fact that government isn't listening to people like Merv and Merv's dad.

I'm getting on with tasks now. Very much to do.

No comments: