Monday, March 12, 2012

High Standards

Dear Diary,

I want to talk about the past few days. Over the past few days I have...

  • Committed myself to doing a first performance with the choir I joined
  • Got asked out by a lady
  • Invited to an interview that I had to turn down, but I also did (for another role) an online test
  • Applied to 5 jobs (could be better)
  • Did 5 training days last week
  • Agreed to play at my cousin's wedding
  • Agreed to see radiohead with my brother

 

oh...that's about it. I thought it was more when I was thinking about it in my head. To be honest, the one goal that really matters to me is whether I get a full time job and how many applications I send off per week to meet that goal. I'm nowhere near the targets I've set, but I'm still working. I'm really glad that I've done so many training days  at the gym, doing classes and doing jogging with my mate. I've got lots of things to plan for the next few days, and I hope I hear back from the girl who asked me out. The woman happens to be a comedian, I think that's awesome. I don't want to say too much about her, mostly because I don't want to out myself or who she is, but needless to say, I wouldn't have thought I'm her type. Maybe its just a friends thing, that's good too :)

To think that after all these things in the past week I find my week boring or uninteresting, uneventful and underachieving, shows that I am setting a high standard for myself. There's much to do. Just now I finished the equivalent of 18 hours of scheduled minor tasks. I have a fuckload more to do, but I'm working to avoid an overflow. Playing too many games is my problem lately!

Back to work...or maybe I'll have a lunchbreak.

No comments: