Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thinking about Triggers

Last week I was working at an event where one of the managers had more than a superficial resemblance to someone who upset me a while back. This is the essence of what a trigger is. A trigger is an experience where similarities with a past experience remind you of the painful nature of said past experience. I think it gets easier to have a trigger and then get on with it. I think. It's not easy to go around avoiding triggers because you will think: 'what am I avoiding?' and then BANG. That doesn't even avoid actual triggers, that's an avoidance-of-trigger trigger.

I don't get trigger experiences that much these days. In a way, when they do happen its quite eccentric, its quite an unusual and rare occurence and in a little way its a novelty (not fun though). I think its important to face those triggers, look into the barrel of the gun and then, click bang. I'm feeling quite tired today, I had a bit of a hard time emotionally at work over the past week. I've only got about 3 shifts for the rest of the year, so I'm going to be less busy, I'm going to have more 'free' time. I might as well use it. I think that I'm going to take today slowly, that doesn't necessarily mean that I'll be lazy but it does mean that I'll not be so hard on myself. Maybe I'll do the gym today. I couldn't do badminton last night because of work finishing late.

No comments: