Monday, November 21, 2011

Take a breather....now get back to work

Dear Diary,

I'm crazily busy today. I think playing Skyrim all weekend probably helped give me a sense of urgent motivation to get everything done. So far I've marked an essay, I've also been provoked intellectually by reading an essay from a university student (God I miss those days). In addition, I've been looking at postgrad programmes and I think I'll apply to a few more PhDs and a couple of MAs, just to see how far it goes. In an hour (after their lunch) I'll book a GP appointment to deal with my scalp. Looking forward to my day its really scary how much I have to do. I'm starting to feel genuine anxiety about the rest of the day.

Anxiety is a problem in that it can either kill my motivation, or be a reasonably good source of motivation. Right now it's a bit of both, if that makes any sense. On the plus side I've earned £20 from marking an essay. Now I need to apply to some jobs, or more importantly, apply myself. There's much to do today, not least I need to do some training later. I've been a lazy fuck and I need to get some Gym going. Tomorrow I'll have to purchase a badminton racket. At least the tutoring has paid for that!

This month is the busiest of the year. I'm getting lots of shifts, plus all sorts of other things are going on. I need to make a Christmas gift list soon, but that's at the back of my head right now, there are so many other things to juggle.

Well, as they say in perdurantist circles: there's no time like the present!

No comments: