Wednesday, August 12, 2009

things that made me feel positive today

1. I cleared out all the things that have been bothering me: google calendar, google reader had a big backlog that I emptied out a bit.
2. i did a months worth of receipts
3. I felt somewhat more 'intellectual' by means o flistening to some podcasts. The Archers, some general BBC stuff, and a lecture on Darwin.

I like doing 'intellectual' things, it makes me feel cultured and most importantly, makes me feel myself. I shall make a note of indulging more upon things that I like. That said, I do have a sadist streak of indulging in things I do not like, particularly in terms of audiobooks and heavy metal music. My Dying Bride and that gothic band Flowing tears were symbolic of a tough spot that I hated being in, but I had to power through it in order to pass through it. I really emotionally do not like music that I find uncomfortable listening to.

No comments: