Friday, August 28, 2009

Housing benefit...suspicion?

Today I recieved a letter from the old City council in what is very upsetting wording. I called them a week ago, a few days before moving out to inform them that I wanted to move out, they said they couldn't do anything until I moved out, I then called when I moved out and they asked for some written confirmation, I complied. This morning I find a letter stating:
 
    "We have recently recieved information in respect of your claim, which has raised a doubt over your entitlement to housing benefit. As a result I have suspended your claim, and subsequently no further payments will be made"
 
Feel free to call me paranoid, but I find that me telling them openly that I'm moving out is an act of good faith and they reply as if I've done something wrong. It doesn't help my anxiety very much. I'll just comply again to their conditions and hope for the best. 


No comments: