Friday, January 2, 2009

Musical tastes

Musical taste for me, is very odd.

Musical taste is defined by where I am at that moment in time, either the very present moment, or the less specific generic moment in time; of maturity.

I like heavy metal, but I almost feel like my taste in it is changing. I feel that the emotional and thematic and stylistic content is becoming less and less relevant. On the other hand, I feel afraid of 'leaving' metal, for fear of exclusion from certain peoples who would call me a philistine or a sellout.

My musical tastes, it would seem, are changing with my mood. The recent news took a turn for the worse, and it would actually seem to change right now. Im just frightened of what I might be led to...blues...pop...rock...jazz?

New things frighten me, I suppose that is why heavy metal fans are often cliquey and isolationist.

No comments: