Tuesday, April 13, 2021

 Today


Wake up late. I sleep in for an hour. I start my day slowly but surely. I work on a big task today, an essential (but late) administration task for April. Since I'm here I'll do the May jobs for this task too.

I had a meeting at work but my boss wasn't there, my other boss and I discussed various things. Things are not so optimistic and happy at work. There are pressures my colleagues are under and there's a limitation on how much I can help them. 

In other news today I received an email about a pay rise. I was expecting to hear that we'd get a pay rise of 5.5% but we got 4.25% plus a lump sum. In a sense it's like making that 5.5% but its not a salary increase, that lump sum is a 'sorry' for no pay rise last year. A friend of mine said if you are making more Ks than your age, you are doing alright. I am currently above my age in Ks but only just. 

After work, well there was a power cut first (long story), I went to the gym. I began to feel more like myself again regaining the stamina. It will take some work but I think I'll get back to fitness. After the gym I cycled to waitrose, I got a paper, I got some snacks and food, I cycled home. 

The washing machine is broken (long story) so I hand washed my clothes after I finished my shower. I am thinking about some defined goals for tonight to finish off today. I need to speed ahead I think. I think I might be able to sleep early. Gym has really lifted my spirit and gives me a bit of stability that helps me a lot.


Onwards. I'm almost beginning to feel hope. 

No comments: