Friday, April 30, 2021

The Lulls

I don't talk about work much here. I suppose given I work for an international organisation which I refer to in a fictional name for discreetness I don't tend to go into detail. But I might talk about it in the aspects that any other job might have.

Every week I have a catch up with my boss and a senior editor. We go over the operational requirements of the company and budgetary issues. It's quite boring but I know lots about the finances and rules and its very appealing to me. In recent weeks, my line manager talks to me after the meeting to ask how I'm doing. I mentioned to her honestly that I'm quite slow on the work right now. Lately I'm working really slowly. Its important to do things right, so I am keen to do it slowly and not do lots of things. Do a few things right.


My boss said that there are sometimes lulls, peaks and troughs. That's such an English expression isn't it. Sometimes I just need to get a little bit done and that's a day's work. Other times I have loads to do and that's what is needed. I've gotten back into insomnia mode lately. It's gotten to a point where I'm incapable of working until 2pm. On the plus side, I'm not beating myself up about sleeping a full amount. In addition I've been playing some games and it relaxes me a bit. 

Perhaps I might go into my achievements for Thursday, the day that just finished:

  • Call from the psychiatric place. appointment next month
  • Did a bit of work
  • Got my inbox down to zero unread, even planned a bit of work for tomorrow
  • Cycled to the gym, then to waitrose and a takeaway
  • Gym
  • 1300kcal 
  • some nice takeaway at this new place which is my new favourite takeaway in the area. They really know how to do fried chicken (insert chef's kiss gesture - god I'm such a millenial)
  • I read a bunch of newspapers, today's daily for the sentinel; the evening standard; waitrose weekend and evening standard weekend magazine. Also dipped a bit into New Statesman
  • I watched a bit of TV
  • I bought a few games off of steam. I want to get back into gaming as I said.
  • Finished my logging.
I suppose I can just wrap up for today. I might relax with some Schitt's creek. I started watching some sitcoms only when I need to wind down. I started doing that with big bang theory in 2008 and forgot to finish it until I think earlier this year! I started Only sunny in philadelphia last year too and went all the way up to the latest episode. A colleague told me about Schitt's Creek and it's right up my...umm age bracket. 

Anyway, lets' see how tonight's insomnia fares.
Onwards


No comments: