Thursday, December 27, 2018

it's 4am and Im still not asleep.

I'm thinking about the pay rise I've been offered. I've been offered an incremental pay rise (pay rise in january then april 2019).

I have opted to reject the pay offer. but it stands I understand as a mandatory condition.

When I think about it, the rejection of this offer is based on some numbers I've crunched about my own income against rises in inflation as a result of brexit and general economy things.

Then I think about some of my friends. My friend at a university isn't getting a pay rise; my friends in the public sector are not really getting a pay rise, except a 1%-er in certain sectors.

I'm fortunate, but I'm also working in a place that may not exist in 10 years.

I've been working on spreadsheets, data entry and some basic csv documents all since about midnight. I've done a solid 4 hours of work.

Later today I hope to go to the gym in the morning. I am also hoping to meet a friend to see Aquaman in the afternoon. After that, I shall have a non carbonated drink in a pub.

Carbonated drinks make me anxious.

Eating makes me anxious

Anxiety makes me anxious.

I have a problem with anxiety. It exists on the su

I think that I've done a satisfactory amount today.

Let's let go and relax, friend.

Onwards, bedwards

I've enjoyed this time we've had together lately. I like writing more on this blog. I should do it more.

No comments: