Tuesday, October 16, 2018

So, I've recently made a list of music videos going from 2000 to present day. Which apparently define the decade.

I'm close to present day.

Back in 2000, I barely had pop music on my radar, I was too busy at school and later uni. It was peripherary. Then after uni it was even more peripherary but I did see the world, culture changing around me. Coming back to this list of music videos I feel like I can see the world that changed around me as I didn't pay attention to the pop.

Then it comes back to full circle. The current track, one by Sia, is always on in my gym classes. My les mills classes attended by mostly women, with tracks from 1-year passed it pop tunes. I'm starting to get the music that's on that list of music videos.

Combine that with: I work 2 days a week on a pop culture magazine and I sit with some really cool Journalists and music critics (tv critics too). It gives me a bit of an idea of pop music and what young people are into these days.

Full circle?

Well, pop's changed a fair bit. But that's okay. That's life.

Oh, and I am obviously past it.

No comments: