Monday, October 15, 2018

Dear Diary,

This week has been an hectic one. It is in many senses, a continuation of last week.

So, there were a couple of instances where I've had to get some freelancers in on very short notice. I manage a production rota now, by the way. It's not officially part of my job but...well...I do it and I'm needed.

I feel so essential in my role at work, I half suspect that they won't fire me when the run of cuts come...I hope.

So my work has been recognised lately and praised. I really like that. Also something of big commercial significance happened at work. That was notable, my boss was the lead on the launch of a new thing. Which is part of why I'm so bloody busy lately.

I've been so busy at work and I've had a personal issue as well. It's taken a lot out of me. Most of saturday and sunday I spent asleep, resting, relaxing, recovering etc.
I went to a concert this weekend. Not just any concert. I saw David Helfgott at the Cadogan Hall. I did the Adorno thing and read the scores as the performance went on. By the end of it, I had 60 pages of crap on my feet. David Helfgott is a beautiful and special soul. Were I not so busy, I would have been more excited.

On my 'on this days' of the week:


  • 2010: I received a formal job offer as an events assistant at Shambly arena, thus beginning my new life after university.
  • 2012: I had some drinks with the Events Assistants, after that I went to Kensington to a venue to see my mate's band. I think it was at that concert that my friend met the woman who became his wife. They have a kid who is now in Primary school. I'm no longer an events assistant, and my friend is radically different now
  • 2013: I broke my beloved Seiko Watch while going to work on the sport desk. 
  • 2016: My (now) sister in law was having a birthday party and I left to visit my friend J in hospital. My friend nearly died (technically he did die and came back) and he was airlifted back to the UK where he made an eventual recovery. That whole incident haunts me to this day.
  • 2017: Saw the sequel to Blade Runner - why did I put that down?? Seems insignificant!
I have a lot to be philosophical about. A lot has happened at work.

Has a lot happened in life? I'm not sure really.
My chest is really hurting a lot lately. I hope its not bad. 

No comments: