Monday, August 13, 2018

Reminiscing past Augusts

So I'm going through my google calendar right now to log all the shit I've done lately. I've had a busy few days. Really hectic since Tuesday in fact.

On my 'on this day' notifications I've observed a few things:


  • 2010: Operation to remove my UR8 (dental surgery)
    • The resonance of this is that I've been the the dentist this week, and I need some serious dental work before I have a filling put in. My teeth are not in a good way, and much of this is not looking after it and avoiding the dentist.
  • 2013: Went to see the film 'The Wolverine' with my mate, The Microbiologist. He was writing up his PhD at the time
    • Resonance: I saw The Microbiologist this week. One of my very few (perhaps the only) friend I still contact from University. After his PhD, he worked in New York (he doesn't like talking about what happened) and now he's in the north of England working as a postdoc. The Microbiologist says that he's not got much rope left in university research and a university career.
  • 2016: Dave from management (at work) offered me a 1 year fixed term contract at The Sentinel
    • Resonance: Two years on from that and I'm almost a year on from my staff contract; in addition I earn several thousand more than I did on the FTC. You know, looking at these anniversaries really hits home that my pay rise was quite significant (still not enough to buy a house just yet though).
  • 2018: I've set up a schemata for a foldering system I have...the last one I did was in 2007-2009. I've been putting it off.

No comments: