Monday, November 5, 2012

on an annoying colleague (listneing to pop chart shits)

So one thing I've been thinking about lately, Mainly because of the semblance of politeness and tolerance I have, is a very difficult colleague at work. Last year she was pregnant and she said how she had some issues with doing all the jobs at work. Mainly because she was pregnant we just allowed her to do less and between myself and another colleague we had to carry out some tasks with great difficulty on our own.

Then I told this story to a colleague earlier last week. Other colleague laughed and said 'I'm saying nothing!'. It came out yesterday at work she was at a shift (post birthing) and making a complaint about how she has a medical condition that can't make her stand up. Most of the job involves standing up and walking about. If one can't do that, they can't satisfy the job description. Unfortunately I don't think this counts as an issue for reasonable adjustments. I hold open doors and chase people down corridors at Shambly Arena, that's what my job is and what our job is as a team.I didn't want to be objectionable at this job because its not really my responsibility to deal with disciplinary measures.Also, I don't want to appear sexist about the woman being pregnant, now she isn't pregnant she hasn't got that excuse. That colleague really made things uncomfortable for everyone, her attitude and making us have to be very harsh on her for not doing the job.

I'm kind of feeling hopeless about the job situation. This death situation is almost immaterial to whats going on now. This death situation is also piling up on top of what I need to do. Fucking hell.

No comments: