Friday, March 22, 2019

Dear Diary,

I had a day off on Thursday.

I focussed on working on something I've been putting off for a year. I ended up sleeping longer in the afternoon than I wanted. I managed to go to a gym class in the evening. Two gym classes in fact, and I burned 2000kcal.

After that I watched the news on 5 tv feeds. Its worrying all this brexit stuff. I feel very priviledged to work for an international news organisation which has a key role in disseminating brexit to the public, as well as trying to challenge the hard leavers.

I haven't talked much about politics or work on here.

There world is really changing and has really changed, not only in the last 2-3 years but also in the years in which I've kept this blog.

I think its important to write more about that because it also reflects deep things inside me. Things that reflect my values, how I have changed as a person and how I come to change with the pervious versions of me.

Anyway I want to write about some life lessons I learned today:


  • If you want to get stuff done on your days off, you have to actually work like its a work day - this means no sleeping in and it means actually getting your ass in gear not unlike having to get the tube to work
  • Sometimes I feel weak and not as good as I did in a previous time slice. And that's okay
  • Sometimes its okay to feel really shitty. Don't pretend you aren't and don't act like you are 'supposed to' be better. Maybe it gets better, maybe it doesnt get better for a while
  • The greatest strength is in facing my vulnerabilities. I'm a bit pudgy at the moment. I want to be less pudgy. In order to do that, I have to work out which does mean I need to just accept I am pudgy right now and recognise there are things that contribute tot his and things that can change it
  • I need to improve my sleep health
Good night my lovely

No comments: