Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Not feeling too well

Dear Diary,

I'm not feeling too well, and here's why.

The past few days at work have been really challenging, but something happened that I felt broke me. I was asked on a very last minute basis to prepare a payment and a delivery. Just as that happened, I found out that the payment method was rejected and I had to use P2P, which in our company is utterly kafkaesque to prepare. There is a request form, another request form, the second request form includes going through an index of codes to find an ID, then after the second request form, I have to put it out to approvers, then approve it on oracle, then two or three approvers have to approve it, then I confirm the approval by receipting it.

Jesus fucking Christ I just can't bear it. I know that financial processes can be more efficient. It does not need to be this fucking complicated. It's one thing to obey financial compliances but this takes the piss.

I left work 'early' at around 5:40. I got home before 7. This week has been unbearable and it isn't even properly wednesday.

I might be forced to take a sick day.

No comments: