Sunday, January 6, 2019

Dear Diary,

I was watching the film I, Daniel Blake.

Christ that was dark.

I had a good saturday.

I got up early-ish, had I gotten up earlier I could have done more life admin.

I breezed through some reading, did some tv watching.

I went to waterloo, I went using a route that I don't normally take.

I went on a date with T. We went to see Aquaman, it was mostly us holding hands in the cinema. We went to eat at byron's in leicester square. After I got home I...lay down for a moment, quite tired.

Once I got some energy back, I started watching that episode of Luther's season 5 finale again. I  was in some amount of disbelief as to what happened.

You know, the days immediately from new years eve to new years day, and then getting back to work, have gone by with me doing so much in it. I was originally going to write that it went quickly, but that's not the case. It is the case however that as soon as I got back to work, I started sprinting in my activity.

I found out that two of my senior bosses were not around, so I had to call some shots. On Thursday there was a spontaneous night out. On wednesday I was asked to do the date this saturday, things that weren't to plan then became the plan.

I've started thinking about putting some activities in through the next few weeks and months.

Another thing I've done lately is start making enquiries about shared ownership properties - its when you pay a slice of the price of a property and then pay a rental for the remainder of the property. I saw a place, the financials of it seemed workable on my current income, the location of it was...well, the more I thought about it, the more I imagined a lifestyle.

I spent the past few days daydreaming, the flat is in a block near the gym, near the tube station, near my parents, and in the area I grew up in. It's fucking amazing. It gave me aspiration, it gave me normality, it gave me hope.

In my next post I want to talk about new years day's party....


No comments: