Monday, November 5, 2018

Dear Diary,

I'm getting into a certain swing with my life at the moment.

It's almost proper adulthood. Except that I live in mum and dad's custom built loft.

So this weekend: Saturday I got up early to get the flu jab. I have a corporate certificate at work to get a flu jab. I then did some window shopping. I've been thinking lately about a couple of things, firstly how to get winter worthy clothes and secondly, additional supplements to my regime.

Someone recommended CBD oil to me. I think I might go into that to help me. When I got home in the afternoon, I fell asleep. I woke up and it was dark. I decided to sit at my desk and do 8 hours of straight working.

I was thinking to myself on sunday at 3am as I got to bed: doing those 8 hours on my desk: did I really feel like I achieved anything significant? I'm doing little bitty tasks. Let me list them for you:


  • I've set up a new spreadsheet to monitor my assets
  • I've calculated how much money I have tied to savings and in my investment portfolio
  • I've been doing some product research: looking for things to buy for winter weather. Particularly trousers. 
  • I watched some TV, kept some things earmarked on iplayer and ended up watching a movie
  • I bought that CBD oil and gels I've been meaning to get for a while
  • I've updated some templates that I use 
  • I've updated some data on my savings and setting savings goals
God that shit sounds boring as fuck.

The reality is. I can't function as a normal human being unless I get all this administrative stuff done. It helps me be able to go to work and have asense of peace of mind. 

On sunday, I felt quite unwell. I believe it was as a result of the flu jab that I had a fever. My fever seems to have passed within a few hours. It did mean however, that I was unable to go to the gym for Sunday, which is my favourite thing. 

I fell asleep and got up by about 6-7pm. I then decided to get to my desk and busy myself. I read about 13 magazines and caught up on other administrative shit. I'm up to date (mostly) and I've set a plan into place for the next week. I've even set some dates for November-December.

I have noticed that the next few weeks will consist of 'organised fun'. I will be going to see a few films at the cinema. There is a nightwish gig. I have two Christmas parties and I might be doing some Christmas things.

There's something that feels good to me but might seem really small that has brought me some pleasure lately. On friday I took a half day. I thought about going to the cinema but I ended up window shopping. Anyway, I bought a lumberjack shirt from uniqlo. It really has changed my life. I love the soft, yet coarseness of it. It is softer than my corduroy shirt and more versatile in terms of wearing. It's casual, smart casual, masculine and (I assume) practical. 

I think that I have found the universal shirt. This is like me discovering the black t shirt or black longsleeve all over again. This is going to be my staple. The only problem is that I want to wear it so much that it's gotten dirty again. I have bought a second shirt to deal with that problem. I've become very atttached to it. 

I feel my motivation is good. I haven't been 'dependent' on the preworkout supplement to boost my mind. I feel it is a drug and like many drugs, there can be dependency issues. I was on a date last week and I chose not to drink. I think that I am happy not drinking. I could go by the rest of my life without any alcohol and I probably wouldn't mind a big deal. I don't think that I could do that for beef, though. I fucking love beef. 

I really want a better relationship with my family. Things have happened that have distanced me from the family. Things of my own doing. Ultron from the marvel films say: we create the things that we dread most. I had my ultron moment. 

I like writing these blog posts to close off my week. It feels exceptionally therapeutic. I need some kind of healing. Let's close off this therapeutic reverie by addressing the 'on this day' of previous dates in previous years for this week:

  • 2018: I was heavily involved in political cartoonist stuff at work
  • 2018: First time I had a mcdonald's bagel - my god those are heavenly. Got to go for double sausage and additional bacon. Nom nom nom! 
  • 2017: A BBC news article came out about some things I was woring on
  • 2017: My uncle was hospitalised. The issues with my uncle are still ongoing, but he's still with us and making improvements from what it was. It makes my dad and me feel very vulnerable.
  • 2016: Dave's last day. Dave was the guy who offered me the fixed term contract and I always felt that he was on my side. When Dave left, I felt distinctly more isolated. 
  • 2014: I'm working on the newsdesk of a sunday paper: I'm regularly booked on the sunday paper and it is very exciting
  • 2013: It was my last day working on the sport desk. A baptism of fire but it set up the work that I do now.
  • 2013: I attended a Buddhist U35 discussion group. I was invited and found it interesting. It tapered off after a while
  • 2013: I bought a Galaxy Ace phone - it's a piece of shit but I think it was my second ever smartphone. I wasn't with as much money then as I have now, so I had to just get any phone. Buying that phone began a process to getting the phone that I have now. 
Anyway: i ought to go to bed -- just one more errand. 

No comments: