Monday, December 22, 2008

No compromise

Ever seen the film 'Romi and Michelle's High School Reunion'? There is one character who states in the flashback scene of how she had these aspirations of when she grew up; there were then later expressions of her 'aspirations' in her later adulthood. Basically what we find (I think it is called socratic irony, by the way), is that her aspirations slowly decline, as her life does. Beginning with high aspirations she has all the hopes and determinations in the world, when met by disappointment and failure, she puts the bar down a bit.

Have I done the same? Have I lost my integrity?

Please forgive me.

Im struggling to make this dream work, and the world has not fit my dream, so I'm trying to make it happen in some other way. I want the PhD...

No comments: