Friday, April 4, 2008

Something I found on Wikipedia

I wonder how much this fits to me...it rang a bell when I read it...it even reminds me of Marie...I don't think I have' bullimia'; I am not a doctor so I don't have the credentials to diagnose myself. How would I feel if there was a name for what I was going through? I felt this way 3 years ago...the word they told me was 'depression'...was it appropriate a concept? To this day I question it...they don't answer me anymore

[Bullimics] are more pessimistic, more ambivalent towards others, strive for less recognition in areas that are socially significant or require leadership. Many bulimics, like anorexics, binge eaters and others with eating disorders, at one time were considered over-acheivers, highly intelligent and true rising stars among their peers. Yet, bulimics eventually become so consumed by food and/or weight that they, like anorexics, binge eaters and other individuals with eating disorders, have little time for the normal ambitions they once had.

No comments: