Wednesday, March 5, 2008

University societies

This upset me more than I should have anticipated.

I have been in a university society since my second undergraduate year. I was putting myself up for president. I failed.

Marie took my position that I used to have in the committee. She' upgraded to being me, and now I'm nothing again.

I'm a little jealous that I have no position in that society anymore; especially since I got really involved and had a big responsibility in the past...now I'm nothing.

It makes me cry, I cried all night.

I'm never good enough...
I want to harm myself, I keep purging when I think about what happened.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

A friendly hello

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Yes, if that happened to me I would feel really hurt as well.

If your anything like me then you want to be involved in things like a university society to be able to make a difference. The question your post has left me is, if I was you would losing the responsibility stop me from making the difference.

Maybe without a committee position you may obtain greater insight (at least a different one) and influencing people in the committee from outside may yet provide you with more power in making positive changes.

I hope you can recover from the event and if the society is important to you I hope you still make the impact you want to.

I wish you luck and when I come back to your blog I look forward to hearing how it goes.