Monday, March 31, 2008

My friend Julian

We have all sorts of friends in this complex world; internet friends, opposite sex friends, gay friends, best friends, enemy friends, competing friends, old friends, shallow friends, and former friends.

My friend Julian was all sorts of friend to me in the past; I thought he cuold have been my best friend, perhaps at one point I even thought that, but now, I hardly have heard from him in 2 years.

Julian is the kind of guy who knows everyone, he has lots of friends. Th thing is, he has so many new friends he forgets about his old friends. I ditched Julian a long time ago, although I still met him once in a while after sixth form, it was slightly impersonal and it was only a reminiscent shadow of a closer friendship.

Julian had this one guy who was his best friend. He was his 'best friend' cos this guy wouldn't let go of Julian, cos he didn't have anyone else. Julian however, had much cooler and attractive friends, eventually, Julian ditched this poor guy. I met with this fellow a while back; he seems a bit 'off' since he finished his GNVQ at college...he didn't go down the 'A' level route like me and all the others, but was left alone, and just once in a while Julian would invite him out, once in a while like once every 2-3 months. Sometimes we have those friends who aren't very sociable who need good friends to look out for them. I am one such person...or at least. I was.

Back in first year of uni I had almost no friends; except maybe these two guys who I eventually lived with. One guy is a friend from college and another, a guy i met on the internet who was on my cuorse; we got along...both of them weren't popular or sociable or attractive, and neither was I.

As my frend from college in the second year who I lived with got more poppular, he ditched me. I had to find another place to live. Now, in my MA degree, I have loads of UG friends, not good friends, but just enough medium friends who I know a little bit, to form a cirle to push my bad friends away...but, am I just like Julian?

I wonder...if I have become the thing I hate.

I thought the bad bully guys had it great...but I don't have it great...I am purging and my anxiety and depression is getting worse....

Full circle. I have dithed, or rather, I am itching soem of my old friends. My excuse? They are keeping me from making other friends...Its not sayonara to them, but I need to move on with my life...and one friend of which insulted Marie...I don't want to get involved with him anymre

No comments: