Sunday, June 27, 2021

 Dear Diary,


I get regular flash cards of advice, life situations and so on. It helps to periodically get these advices so as to remind me of gems of wisdom from the worlds of science and spirituality.  (I've written this set up repeatedly, I write the same set up because it's my therapeutic practice to keep affirming good and useful things).


I have just come across a couple of things that felt relevant to me.


Avoid perfectionism and embrace mediocrity

What's worse, getting some things done in an imperfect way, when its only 40% of what you intended to do. Or planning for the 100% and end up getting >40%. Objectively and from the perspective of the events having already happened, there's a clear winner. But when I'm in the situation, I can't distinguish between the mediocre and the perfect strategy. I keep thinking there's still a window for the perfect strategy. The reality is, the window gets smaller and smaller. Perhaps I just need to focus on the bare minimum. Then see how it goes from there.

Another way of describing this is Satisfice or Minimise. Both of these have different meanings.


Anyway. That's the end of my therapeutic writing. 


No comments: