Monday, February 22, 2021

 so today, the PM announced the 5 steps to the end of lockdown. 


I'm only beginning to reminisce March 2020. How traumatic it was. I remember going into secret briefings, talking to colleagues about a separate (non-covid) emergency at work, then when I came back, 2 colleagues sent home, the next day, 3 colleagues sent home. By friday nobody was in the office and we were told only to come in unless necessary. I remember the soundtrack to my early pandemic was ozzy osbourne's album. It wasn't that long ago, was it? or was that a long year?


-----

Let's do ABC PLEASE for the week.


A - Accumulate positive experiences. I've been focussing a lot on work, i've been cycling a lot. I've been sleeping healthily. I have reduced my procrastination. I also have fewer spoons to do the things I want

B _ build mastery in activities that make you feel confident. My bike is a bit worn down. I need to get it repaired

C- cope ahead. A lot of things revolve around sleep health, diet and my bike. I need to sort out my bike, diet is a constant issue to be vigilant about. Sleep health has been good lately

P - physical illness prevention. I've been eating fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. I also had a bit of veg for dinner. I could have done better though. 

L - low vulnerability to disease. This morning was hard to wake up, but I felt if I kept on my routine for the morning I'd keep mentally and physically healthy. I was right. I think I might be allowed to sleep soon (S is done) 

E - exercise regularly. I've been reducing my exercise actually, partly because when I go out in the morning I'm aiming for a strict start at 10am, I have done the routine enough times where I know I have to rush a bit

A - avoid mood altering drugs. Maybe my new drug of choice should be spicy food!

S - sleep healthy (see L)

E - eat healthy - fewer takeaways would be good



No comments: