Monday, February 1, 2021

 ABC Please 

This week, well last week, feels like the previous one. This bloody lockdown 3 merges everything together. One thing I'll say is that it's been a long month since Christmas. Usually I feel quite sad after Christmas and New Years but this year there's no shortage of things to do.


So much in life is happening that I dont really feel I can pause to contemplate it. On the other hand I see many friends who are going through really big things such that I dont really have much significant things going on by comparison.


Anyway, I do this every week: let's go over ABC PLEASE

A: Accumulate positive experiences - i've been cycling a new (but still local) route, where I go up and down roads but not go far, I'm racking up higher miles

B: Build mastery in activities - Hmmm, I'm making more decisions about getting my tasks done more efficiently, that involves a bit of learning and a bit of insight into not getting too into things as I can get quite obsessive. I'm tackling my insomnia a little better lately (oh that's S, done). 

C: Cope ahead - I'm working on it, can I get back to you

P: Prevent physical illness. Cycling and eating more veggies, does that count? I'm really into Courgettes and mushrooms at the moment, I am eating lots of beef though

L: Low vulnerability to disease. Keeping active, good sleep health, veggies, the only soft drink I have (well almost only) is cloudy lemonade. Perhaps I can do better

E: Exercise lately. I cycle 5-6 times a week and I try to get a minimum of 5 miles a day. In addition I try to clock 50km for pokemon go

A: Avoid mood altering drugs. I had a couple of beers 2 weeks ago but no alcohol. I had a couple of takeaways, That altered my mood. It made me feel damn good! But not so good for the calories. 

S: Sleep healthy (see above)

E: Eat healthy. Mushrooms and courgettes yay; takeaway nay. I might have that waitrose pizza tonight... I also might buy some strawberries.

I like getting the free paper from waitrose. I don't know why I'm mentioning that. It just feels like a nice thing.


No comments: