Sunday, May 10, 2020

Dear Diary,

For Saturday I had 3 goals for myself: go for a walk/hit steps target, caloric deficit and watch UFC 249.

I didn't do any of those. I managed a walk at the start of the day to buy some papers, but I didn't go any further. I was working on some other admin today so I couldn't managed to get out. I also couldn't find a PPV option for UFC249. I liked that there is only one big sports event right now and so that seemed fun to watch. Maybe I'll catch highlights later.

What did I do today? let's make a list. I'm all about lists


  • Bought papers/ went out for walk
  • Didn't do passive eating/snacking
  • Breakfast at home
  • Cooked a big dinner 
  • No additional meals today
  • (preoccupation) thinking about buying a bike
  • (researching) looking into buying a bike
  • (event) saw a news story that bike usage is expected to and is currently rocketing
  • suddenly decided to buy a brompton before they get sold out by the middle class bike wankers who buy them.
  • I received my melodica, I played it a lot
  • I played a bit of piano
  • I played some more melodica
  • I have been deep in reveries
  • I did my admin: sorted out some reading, caught up on planning and I'm almost up to date on my records
  • I watched a bit of TV
  • I went t hrough half an audiobook: Betrand Russell today. I'm on quite a roll with audiobooks right now.
  • Read newspapers and did my cutting out of words and sticking it into my diary
  • Attempted and failed to check in on a virtual social
So how many things are that: 18 things.

Considering I didn't do the main thing I wanted, I did alright I think. A big part of what my work was today was about setting a plan in place for the rest of the week (Sunday) and the coming week to go to some kind of plan.

I've been thinking about what the end of lockdown would be like. I wonder if I could cope with the old normal. I was often tired, I had a sleep debt in the weekend and I was so ritualistically strict with things like the gym that I was systematically behind on my admin and reading . I feel like if I do go back to the old normal, it will be gradual

No comments: