Monday, October 26, 2015

When I started writing this blog I had a penchant for gap long sleeve tops.

During my first depression (that's what I'll call it), I felt lost because the life I knew changed so much that I realised it couldn't continue anymore. One response to this was to change myself in various ways. I got into new music, developed new routines and I tried to be different sartorially.

In 2005 I had a pair of shoes. They were climbing shoes with really thin soles but also light to walk in. I developed a relationship with those shoes. They eventually died, then I got into brown Chelsea boots. I've replaced them a few times but I still wear the same type of shoes today.

This week I bought a lot of winter gear from uniqlo. At the gym today I realised with my unshaved face and slightly longer hair, combined with some slight weight loss recently; I looked in the mirror of the gym studio and I saw a future of the 2007-8 version of me. I saw that old look, re vitalised or reborn.

My old look. It makes me a bit emotional. I feel its 'classic me'.

No comments: