Wednesday, June 18, 2014

controlaltdelete

Dear Diary,

Tuesday was another one of those game-changing days. A lot happened. So much in fact that I got a bit overwhelmed and had the intellectual equivalent of a premature orgasm, or CTRL-ALT-DEL.

So here's what I did today in a list:


  • Working at Multimedia department (again) for a 2 day cover - kinda anxiety filled but manageable, and resolvable. Not so bad i need to count it in my calendar
  • Assignment at the sunday sentinel rescheduling - Jess, who I cover at the sunday sentinel, is asking me to do a few different days. The consequence of this is, I don't do 2 days next week, but I do do 2 other days in July, and another day. So I lose 2 days, gain 3. Overall gain an extra day. An extra £67
  • Received (yet another) 2 day assignment. As well as this I am asked to have a conversation about what will happen over these 2 days. These 2 days are next week, so that's an extra £120 or so. 
  • Badminton
  • Post-badminton
  • Talked to former colleague in the corridor, he's a nice guy, I had a borderline awkward moment when he reached to shake my hand and...I got the wrong hand out. Basically this guy effectively has one hand (contrasting to the two) and I kinda made a thing out of that fact by juggling all my papers to shake his hand. In my defence. I was in a rush and I was carrying a lot of shit
  • Newspaper catchup - the great thing about working in newspapers is...free newspapers.
So today is a 7-day activity.

Not bad. It was emotionally challenging, but I almost feel like my life might be getting better from this job. In a sense thats what I really want out of a job...betterment.

I better go to bed now.

No comments: