Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Plan B

I've gained weight a bit and am not sticking as religiously to my dietary pattern. My girlfriend and I are having a few conflicts but I think that we sorted them out over the weekend. Today I havebeen keeping myself busy since about 10am. I'm just putting down this post as a procrastination task but also in an effort to log things.

I think that over the past week I have learned a bit about myself. To stay on the good path is a constant challenge; particularly with the temptations of food and lazing about. I have a series of applications and things to keep busy this week. If I keep busy with things then my life will not be as pathetic. On the toher hand I do  feel slightly used to this way of living without a job.

Of the two applications that I had been awaiting over the past month; I was rejected from one and now just awaiting the other. I expect it to be a rejection so Now I am about to begin the 'plan B'

I think I'll go into a 'career' and do something like publishing, teaching, or media. Honestly, I want to get out of this situation, I'd be happy with earining money and supporting myself and my girlfriend; being able to pay bills; and having some actual money and a life to live. The PhD dream will have to go on the backburner, but that decision made itself when I wasn't working properly for the previous year.

I do not like the summer due to the immanent familiarity of the summer with my depression in 2005, my anxiety in 2006 and the incidents of the last year. I've gone through some dark times and events that I do not wish to repeat again. People make mistakes in their life and this is mine.

I'm going to busy myself and establish a certain system to how I conduct myself. Job applications, here I come!

In other news: My estranged cousin has given birth and I've been invited to the christening - I think I'll address this issue in another post

No comments: