Thursday, November 13, 2008

Escape

For Marie, fantasy is important to her. She is involved in this medieval reenactment thing.

I guess I should tell you some things that I have heard about Marie recently:

1. She has dropped out of uni, and the city of our university.
2. She has left the country and gone back home
3. She came back for a while to the UK and meet some uni friends
4. She valorises this one guy, Chet, blonde, medium length hair, I guess she thinks that he's cute, she drew apicture of him on facebook. She probably loves him.
5. She doesn't talk to me anymore.

Marie is a sore, forgotten memory. I think we are allowed to have sore memories in our lives. Antonia, for instance, has had an abortion. She feels gravely sad about the baby that could have been.

I think sore memories are acceptable, but what is important is to leave them behind in the past and pay no more attention to them. This seems wrong to me in some way.

No comments: