Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Emotional weight

I've found, that when I have the strenght to do something; that is possibly the best, and more importantly, the ONLY time I am able to do it. For me, given my anxiety, exhaustion, triggers and depression; it quite literally is carpe diem or bust for me.

I have this disability mentor and she used to say; to arrange few tasks that are manageable in the day, rather than big tasks that are impossible to do and discouraging cos they are all at once.

Further to that. I only have enough strength in me to carry out a limited number of tasks and then I am all spent. This is not just physically but emotionally.

I find it difficult emotionally to send an email. to initiate contact.

So: emotionally heavy (and anxiety-bringing) emails of late are:

i. Asking for a job
ii. Asking about housing
iii. Asking about things relating to PhD application...

No comments: