Wednesday, August 20, 2008

C-units

Many tasks expend an amount of physical, and emotional energy; such that if i use up all my energy; or attention on a task, I'm totally spend for a day...

I have to recognise that I have a limited range of things I can do in the day.

I know I have the necessaries at times; paying bills, for instance, finding a flat...

But sometimes those things I expend too much energy on, and then...don't get my ACADEMIC work done.

So I formulated something called the Conatus units (C-units henceforth known).

Every day I learn and negotiate with myself; learn how much I can do before I reach my limit, learn what sort of things are expensive to 'buy' in a day, and I negotiate how to work aboud these things without everything getting on top of me.

I feel that 3 Conatus (don't forget, Conatus means striving) units is the amount I should try to reach every day.

I feel like...that's enough as a safe limit before I get distressed.

Today...i did 7 conatus points.

Phonecalls: 3 conatus
Emailing on gumtree: 1 conatus
Emailing on university website accomodation directory: 1 conatus
Making a fuss about not getting my deposit at the estate agent: 1 conatus
Giving in my CV's to job applications: 1 conatus (sometimes 2 conatus)
Laundry: 1 conatus

What makes a conatus unit

Things are difficult for me by the amount of movement needed for a task; the amount of unfamiliar adaptation to a situation (particularly conversation on the phone, or emailing). Sustaining concentration; sustaining attention (which differs from concentration) for an extended period of time.

No comments: