Tuesday, May 3, 2022

 April 10 


On my way to see Lg at a protest, the front wheel of my bike got caught in my brompton bag strap and the bike went face first as did I into the pavement. I didn’t know at the time but I broke my radius and wrist. I just thought it was my wrist at the time so that’s what I communicated to people. 


The injury happened around 1300. I was late and in a rush going to the protest. 


Between 1300-1400 I was helped by members of the public, One person gave me water, another person stood down on the floor so I’d lean on their back. An off duty nurse helped me and did an assessment, tried to assess head trauma.


An ambulance arrived 1400. They did a diagnosis, gave me some painkillers and then I got my bike delivered back home. As the injury happened my first thoughts were to apologise to Ni, R and L about not going to the protest, then repairing my bike. I didn’t think about how serious my injury was, or perhaps I did. I was in a lot of pain. I have never been in that amount of pain in my life. I hope not to be ever again. 


(0228) 03/05/2022


I’ll continue writing this later.




No comments: