Sunday, March 28, 2021

 dear diary


it's 3:29am.


this doesn't bode well for that insomnia I have been trying my best to fight. 


Tonight I've been working on clearing tasks. I have also been resting a bit. Relaxing by playing a nice RPG. I've been putting off a couple of tasks lately. One was to service my bike. That is done and dusted. I even smoke a cigar during the time I worked on the bike. I think I even hit a quicker speed to get it all done. I have a new apron and it felt really good just wearing it and working. I also had some latex gloves too. I was brushing a bit of hard to remove gunk from the gearset, but I got a fair amount of it off of my bike. I even got the chain looking really clean. I've hit 1450 miles in the lifetime of my bike. That is overall 1450 miles in a year. I think I hit the last 390 since January. So that's like what? 120mi a month? 

Another egg swallowing task I've been putting off lately. I have been thinking about getting a new pair of trousers. As the weather is taking a turn to a bit of warmer weather, I've stopped wearing those utilitarian fleece trousers which look really not cool, but utterly practical.

I have a pair of trousers that I think I've been wearing for a month (about 2 hours a day) without washing it and I really need to wash it now. It's from the brand 5.11 and I have been spending ages working out what the brand name was. It's called 5.11 apex and its really really good. I was about to buy another pair of those in a different colour but I ended up buying a pair with fewer hidden pockets and more casual/workplace friendly looking. I'm thinking of getting some cycling trousers that also work for going into the office without having to change into something else, and maybe that looks acceptable for going out. Polyester is my friend sometimes. I'm not a fan of 'non-natural' fabrics but when it comes to fitness/activewear I can't not have those synthetics. 


Anyway it's 3:27 now. I better close up shop. 


Did I do enough today? that's something always on my mind. I hit two tasks I've been avoiding and nipped it in the bud. I just didn't get the other shit done, like reading the paper. Or newspapers going back to this tuesday. Ugh. That's for tomorrow....

No comments: