Sunday, August 23, 2020

 Dear Diary,

A week has passed since Mai's funeral. I have lost a bunch of weight and gained it again. Last night I comfort-bought a pizza off of uber eats. As serendipity has it, it didn't arrive. Apparently the delivery driver for topps pizza had a nasty car crash and the company were to send another driver and another set of pizzas. I told the guy at topps, its fine if you can send over the pizza but I understand that's the least of your troubles now.


The gym has re-opened. My stalwart of routine and wellbeing, my big social centre. I haven't cycled much. I've gotten a fair amount of work done. Lately some days have had herculean demands on me. But the problem lately is that there are days in sequence which have herculean demands. It's worn me out. 

Today I'm getting my admin done. I'm realising there are a bunch of loose end tasks I need to get on with. I can't multitask too much but I'll get some of them done. I'll take breaks if I have to.


On my facebook I see some some of my old uni friends are getting well into their lives as 30-somethings. One person is doing housework, another has a daugther learning to speak. One guy has a father who will die soon from cancer and every day counts. What am I doing? I'm going a lot of LGBTQ+ advocacy, I already changed aspects of the culture at my work and I was responsible for a woman winning an award last year, where she thanked me at the awards ceremony. Some prominent MPs and media industry figures were ther.e 


In other news, I got a bike lock in the mail. I can now lock my bike outside if I go to the Gym. That's nice I guess. I might do the gym later if I can find the time. I need to make a new gym book routine as I hadn't updated my book in 6 months. Going back to the gym will be a nice routine. I'm looking forward to normal. Things in the news suggest that the infection rate has gone up again.

I made a bucket list of things I want to do when things go back to normal. It's eventually become a list of things of 'if I can do this then things will be back to normal'. I was expecting a full reversion back to normal society instead of a gradual one. One of the items on my bucket list was to go back to the tuesday aerobics class. That's a goal. 

Onwards

No comments: