Tuesday, July 31, 2018

dear diary,

August 1 2006. 

I bought a philosophy of mind book a few weeks earlier, and decided that I was going to go through as much as I could during the summer holiday. I had planned to read a whole bunch of philosophy literature and by the third year I would be smart as fuck and PhD level.

I never read beyond that one chapter. I think it was on davidson or something.

July 30 2018

Today I woke up with a throat issue feeling like shit. It's my tonsils. As soon as I realised its my tonsils, I realised that's why I had to pull out of my training session on sunday, it all made sense. I wonder what happened to make my immune system feel unwell.

I got to work late, I felt really shit. As soon as I got in to work, a bunch of shit was happening at once: a guy came in too early; two staff were off sick; we had to re-jig who was doing what; head of graphics had her first day back after a month off. I watched 'Who Is America?' episode 3, it wasn't as impressive. I decided early on (or late as I came in closer to midday) that I wasn't going to work the full day. I was going to do all the necessary things, all the admin, all the micromanaging and paperwork and payments blah blah blah.

I just wanted to get home.

I got home early, I left work early, but not as early as I wanted to. As soon as I got home, I basically went to bed and slept for about 4 hours. I woke up still tired and I realised that my satchel bag was still on my bed, and so was the sainsbury's shopping I bought earlier. I'm glad that I didn't have any fridge food in there.

Also side note: the new 'festival' pringles flavour of salt, vinegar and 'herbs' tastes rank.

I re-oriented myself, had a shower and decided to go back to my desk. I am catching up a little bit on things. I guess I am in some growing respect, a proper adult. So much so that I'm taking on management roles in my job when I'm not on a management track role - ahh typical workplace gripes that normal people talk about.

Tomorrow I'm going to group. Group is going to finish soon. I will probably be shattered as soon as I get home.

No comments: