Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Today was my Break the Routine day. The day inbetween my previous birthday and my next birthday.

It is supposed to be (given the name) a day in which I do something entierly different.

Today I woke up late, didn't rush myself. I went to get a full english at a cafe. It was disappointing and mediocre. I had unforgiving standards for a full English.

After that I went to the gym. I got my new earbuds today. The samsung gearx or something. It has all the things I want in a headset.

I am testing it right now.
The ultimate test is: Ashes to the Stars by Tarot.

Jump into madness awaiting at the seams
of all reality and mind.
Through the wound torn in space and time.
I blink, centuries unwind.

Hear the voice of the suns,
Their wind at your face,
The rage of their storm.

Spread my ashes to the stars.
Join the raw chaos at heart.
Spread my ashes to the stars.
Fall forever in the dark.

Neurons backfire in the onrush of data.
Endless orgasm supreme.
Joining of flesh with fiber and steel.
Lovers, the ghost and machine.

Hear the voice of the suns,
Their wind at your face,
The rage of their storm.
Spread my ashes to the stars.

Join the raw chaos at heart.
Spread my ashes to the stars.
Fall forever in the dark.

Moving astral in the veins of acid
across the silvery skin
Feeding on miracles, clutching like a spider
the ends of space from within.

Screamswept blackness, that is my head,
dreams all that there will be.
Breeding myself back from the dead
for all this eternity.

Hear the voice of the suns,
Their wind at your face,
The rage of their storm.

Spread my ashes to the stars.
Join the raw chaos at heart.
Spread my ashes to the stars.
Fall forever in the dark.
Every stanza has intense meaning for me. I feel like, as the years go on. This track has become me, I have become the lyrics, I have embodied the cryptic darkness and rage and power it represents. I love the screams of Marco Hietala's higher range, Zachary's solo section and most importantly, most importantly, the power of Marco's bass, the consistent, cutting, blunt yet broad knock you out beats.

I am testing my earbuds and the ultimate test is if they can play Ashes to the Stars with the perfect mix that fits how I listen to it. The intense all encompassing sound all emcompassing like a black hole (although there is sound in a vacuum).

Go back to 2006.In that hospital. My one possession was the Creative mp3 player, oh how beautiful it was. It had a blue backlight and more memory than I could ever hope for. It was second hand and uncompromisingly thick and metallic and could carry all my music. It only had one colour - Black, wifi only existed just about for consumers and bluetooth was not in common usage. It worked with a wired headset (remember those?) and it was everything I ever desired. Oh how things have changed and yet how I seek that intense listening experience.

The bass doesn't quite go where I want. Also I need to keep my face still or the vibrations don't go through

Also today. My friend who had a heart attack came with me to the gym. we were all so happy for him and everyone's spirit was up because of it.It was a truly beautiful day for me especially with my constant worry about him.

No comments: