Saturday, April 30, 2022

 dear diary


ive only mentioned it in passing perhaps. i broke my arm on the way to a protest on 9th april 2022


i had to have surgery 2 days later. it was a very drastic and emergency situation


Very touch and go some people might say. traumatic in two senses of the word. emotionally and it was literally trauma to my head and arm. 


2 weeks on from my surgery i think. or is it nearly 3 weeks? its 3 weeks since incident on sunday. 


While I am glad to have the use of my fingers to type after a few days, I have been on a journey. On Monday this week  I had my first hospital check up. I'll have to do this periodically. Perhaps over the next 9 months. The x ray was done and I had my cast removed. It had some icky blood from the plaster and I had a glue like strip thing on my arm which began to come off and felt very itchy 


I've felt very emotional and upset and vulnerable since the injury and perhaps even more so since the cast came off. T is telling me that the scar is manly and handsome and hot but I look at my arm and I see a person that I don't recognise. I'm having some issues at work but I'm at least happy I'll still have a job.


Its 2am. i only got up about 10pm. i have been very tired all day. on thrusday and tuesday at least i went outside. but perhaps it was a bit too much for me.


i called gp on friday i need to sort out my fitness to work letter. they said i have to call on tuesday from 8am

No comments: