Thursday, May 10, 2018

dear diary,

For reasons that are now evident to me, I make an 'on this day' notification on my calendar.

I'm currently going through late april/early may, mainly for entering all my data, which is going to be used in my productivity and monitoring report.

I have realised that it's been 5 years since that day I had an interview with the Sentinel.

There was a point, maybe in 2011 or 2012. I felt really really close to getting on a grad scheme. I was so close I could taste it. Then it didn't happen, and didn't happen again.

I remember the life: I would be broke, counting how much I earned from events work and it was a level much much lower than I make now.

Then one day, a sweaty May I think. I got a call, I got a call from an agency, who then set me up with the HR wing of the Sentinel. I had a meeting. Nothing happened for a bit. I applied for more work and got on with other things.

Then.

I got asked to do the first assignment. I also had an interview around then.

Then.

Nothing for a bit (about 6 days- 2 weeks).

Then.

Another bit.

Then

One 1 month placement, which became a two month placement.

Then, working on the sunday paper...

I guess the rest became history. Or my present.

No comments: