Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Just earlier I went on Facebook. I did something I haven't done in a while. I was 'stalking' a few profiles. Mostly people I went to school with. Looking at their pics I see their lives and I feel as if a fly on the wall of their most hallowed memories.

I feel a sense of detached happiness for them. They have beautiful lives and happy memories. What feels odd for me is seeing their not so recent pics. Pics from times since I last knew them. When I was going through my own life, they were living their own adventures and challenges.

I feel an odd closeness to people I knew from primary school. They are almost certainly unrecognisable now
But I still feel happy when I see them smile on their Facebook memory wall.

Perhaps this is what magnanimity is like

No comments: