Monday, January 2, 2012

A holiday from my mind

Dear Diary,

If there is one thing I remember about new years eve parties and getting with my friends, it is the feeling and distinct sense of holiday. I felt a sense of holiday more from my mind and everyday mindset than anything else. This year I suppose, crystallised this feeling in my mind. I could talk about the past few days, I suppose. New Years Day is the after-party-party which is a tradition for a few years now. In addition, I have found a new recent routine of going to the gym early in the morning, My bootylicious goodness has that been a chore, I've been pushing my body to untold limits on a regular bassis since just before Christmas. My friend has nearly reached his 12 days, my other friend is soon going to end his. One of them is going back to Central Europe where he works, and I'll be on my own again.

There is one thing about holidays, and it is that eventually, it ends. My initial reaction is that I couldn't be happier about coming back to my routine, until I actually saw it when I came home. I realised that I'm behind, my other blog wants me to write some summary posts about the new year, as is customary this time of year. I also wanted to write one for this blog, and I think that the oppurtunity is lost now. I'm just too mentally occupied and tired. I am mentally tired and physically tired, but my mind is still ticking in a strange way where I cannot sleep. Maybe I'll talk about the future. I've set targets: tomorrow I'll go training in the morning and aim to complete 5 job application forms (wow that's pretty intense). I then need to read about 60 pages of a book to finish my book review, with the intent to write the book review, and then apply to some more jobs on Tuesday. I have badminton on tuesday and I may think about going to Pilates tomorrow evening. I am putting my body through a regime that is quite extreme, all that needs to change is my diet. Christmas weight has given me a few extra lbs, but not that many. I have a routine whereby I am going to burn off a lot of energy, but luxurious eating is not the way to go for me.

I've commited to a few minor tasks as well: got a hair cut, bought new earphones, got new trousers from gap. I still have some extra gift cards, which will come in handy later on in the year. I used up the uniqlo ones from last year only about 10 days ago. My bicep is hurting from all the training and I have even more to commit to. This January, I have not much work so I can afford maybe to do the gym every morning. I'd like to create a routine, and there is something that excites me about january. I am reminded of this time last year when I first started the gym, and I was a very different body and mind. Who am I now? I feel in my mind that I am on a journey of self-realisation. The journey requires 100 rep sets of crunches, 5x20 russian twists, deadlifting heavier weights, leg pressing my body weight x .5 and pushing my mental and physical limits. Fatigue and pain are my friends, so my training partner says.

If there is one thing I've enjoyed in this holiday of the mind that is Christmas and New Years, it is the joys of fellowship and the unique gifts and talents and personality of my friends. I have them as memories as I venture on with the year on my own. I'll miss them, as they venture out to their own lives and places of work and habitation around the world. I'm the least successful of my friends, but I also feel that I'm the most determined. I think those two facts are related, and one of those facts is subject to change. I've also learned self belief and confidence from those friends, too.

Happy new year.

(I think that was a positive sounding post)

No comments: